Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Petter Solberg's budget is preventing him from winning

Petter Solberg says that his team's extremly tight budget is keeping him back from winning his first event in five years.

Should Solberg damage his car, it would put his budget under severe strain.

Solberg said: “Of course we can go faster but I am losing time on some stages because I have to hold back and take care of my car,”

“From an intelligence driving point of view it was one of my better ones,” said the 2003 world champion. “A few years ago I would have actually gone flat-out all the time like an absolute maniac and taken big risks. Now I am starting from scratch and building up my confidence with the car to get back up to the top and it is working.”

Solberg says that he will have to take a more intelligent approach to each rally, instead of going flat-out from start to finish.

“It was very special when we were fighting at the top but of course with the low budget we have it’s really unbelievable,” said the 35-year-old.
“But it just proves it’s possible with a lot of passion and energy like my team has. But this result is not just because people have done mistakes. We have been on the pace the whole time and maybe we have been a bit smarter than other people. I am proud because our team is not many people.”

Solberg also started his 150th WRC event & scored his 40th podium on the Rally of Turkey. 2010 also marks his 11th year in the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment