Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Latvala puts Rally of Turkey mistake behind him

Jari-Matti Latvala has said that he has put his Rally of Turkey roll behind him & will now concentrate on preparations for Rally New Zealand, which takes place next weekend.

Latvala rolled on Saturdays opener, the 18.17 km Gocbeyli test, but fought back to lay claim to a very creditable 8th overall. The accident echos last year's turbulant season, but the Finn has matured since the start of the 2010 season. as this is his only real mistake this year so far.

Latvala said: “It’s important that when these things happen you analyse them quickly, then push them away and concentrate to the work again. You don’t need it playing in your head all the time - that would always make it more difficult on the next event. I’m not doing that now. In a sense, I have become older and wiser. The mistake I made in Turkey was more something that happened in the recce, I noted the corner too fast. I have learned that lesson and moved on. Now I focus on New Zealand.”

Malcolm Wilson added: “This is nothing like the situation that was happening last season. Okay, Jari-Matti cost us points in Turkey, but Mikko [Hirvonen] made a mistake in Jordan, that’s the sport some times. What we have seen from Jari is a bit improvement on last year and there was absolutely no need to lay into him for what happened [in Turkey]. In fact, I put my arm around his shoulder; he made a mistake, it happens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment