Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hanninen rules out Maderia victory

Juho Hanninen has ruled out victory on next week's Rali Vinho Maderia, which forms the IRC's next qualifier.

Hanninen has never competed on the event before and all of his fellow competitors have, but none of them have won the tarmac island event.

Hanninen tested for a day-and-a-half in Spain last week with Skoda, and will compete in the Rally Finland in a Raimund Baumschlager prepared Skoda Fabia S2000.

I have been improving on Tarmac, no question, but I am told there are lots and lots of blind corners and that it is also hard to find the rhythm and to make a good set of pacenotes. It won’t be easy, I will try, but I think a podium will be difficult. If I drive really well then I think fifth or sixth will be possible.” said the IRC standings leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment