Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Solberg rekindles love of rally cars

Brother of the 2003 World Rally Champion Henning Solberg has rekindled his love for competing in rally cars after his performance in the Fiesta S2000 on the Rally Bulgaria.

It was a big step for me to go in this car but I don’t understand the [Focus] on Tarmac so this was a good decision. I don’t think anybody could have been as quick as I was because I was very close to the World Rally Cars. I’ve shown the speed and I feel much more happy. I love this car.” said the Norwegian.

Solberg stormed to victory in the Group N4 class and finished 10th o/a in the Fiesta after swapping his Focus WRC for the Focus' little brother, the Fiesta. P-G Andersson took Solberg's place in the Stobart M-Sport Team and drove a sensible rally, finishing 7th.

Solberg will be back with the Focus for the Neste Oil Rally Finland and the remaining gravel qualifiers, but will drive the Fiesta on the remaining tarmac rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment