Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Finland: Otsberg's best performance yet

Up-and-coming young driver Mads Ostberg has said that last weekend's Neste Oil Rally Finland was his best ever drive.

On SS5, Ostberg broke a wheel on his Subaru Impreza S12B, dropping 2 mins in the process and plummeted down the order, down to 25th. Undeterred, he fought back from SS6, setting times as fast as sixth quickest to claw his way back up to 7th, only 7 secs behind Stobart M-Sport Ford driver Matt Wilson.

Ostberg best finish on the rally was 8th in 2007, on only his second start on the event.

Of course, I was disappointed with the puncture on the first morning, but I never stopped pushing after that. We were 2m50s behind Matthew after [the stage with the puncture] and then we got back to less than 10 seconds. I think this is the best rally I’ve ever done. I’m really pleased. And with the old car, you know, it’s not the same spec as the others.”

I’m really confident on these roads,” said Ostberg. “I’m really happy with my pace notes and the driving and everything. I feel like I can go on the limit for a long time without doing any problems when the car is working. I think we proved that at the weekend. It’s a shame we couldn’t catch Matthew Wilson - for the third time this year - but okay, we ended up having some problems and we fought back again.” he said.

Ostberg will not compete in his usual Subaru Impreza WRC for Rally Deutschland and Rallye de France, because he doesn't have the setup suitable for the tarmac events, so he will swap to a Ford Fiesta S2000 for the tarmac rallies.

I’m really looking forward to the Fiesta. I’m feeling very confident at the moment. I can’t wait to get to Germany and push like hell. I don’t have any asphalt kit for the Subaru World Rally Cars and this is a good chance to see what these Super 2000 cars can do.” Ostberg said.

No comments:

Post a Comment