Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

'I have nothing to fear': Caffi

Alex Caffi that he will have nothing to be afraid of when he makes his IRC debut on next month’s Rallye Monte Carlo.

The ex-F1 driver is due to compete on the event in a Skoda Fabia S2000 and is due to be navigated by Roberto Peroglio. Caffi’s Fabia S2000 will be run by DP Autosport.

“I have done some rallies before but they were small rallies and never in snow and ice. I understand it will be very difficult but for my first grand prix [at the Italian Grand Prix in 1986] I went in a turbo car with 1500bhp with no testing and finished the race. If I did something like that then I know I can do this. I don’t fear anything.”

The Italian wants to gain some experience and finish, but is looking for a decent result at the same time.
Alex Caffi

“I just want to get some experience and make the finish. If I can pass the Col de Turini two times in the night then I will be very happy. It will be a big sensation.” he added.

Caffi’s F1 career lasted seven years, from 1986-1992. During that time he drove for teams such as the back-markers Osella, Scuderia Italia, Arrows and Andrea Modea. His best result from the 56 GP’s that he qualified for was fourth, at the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix. He retired from F1 early in 1992, and then moved to Sports Cars, where he became quite successful.

He also has experience of rally cars, having competed on the Monza Rally Show in 2007, 2008, 2009. In 2009 he drove a Skoda Fabia S2000 run by the DP Autosport squad. He made his rallying debut in 2003 at the wheel of a Renault Cilo on the Ciocchetto Rally.


Photo credit: www.alexcaffi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment