Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I have a good chance of the title: Loix

BFO Skoda Rally Team driver Freddy Loix is still sure that he can claim the IRC title this year.

Loix sits third in the drivers title, one point behind Peugeot driver Bryan Bouffier and three points in arrears of fellow Skoda Fabia S2000 driver Juho Hanninen, who leads the series.

The Belgian ace was only due to compete on seven events this year, and has already competed on two, Rallye Monte Carlo and Rally Islas Canarias. He finished second on the Monte and fourth in the Canaries.

Competitors have only to count their best seven scores out of the 12 events, but as Loix is only due to contest seven events, he cannot afford a mistake. Another addition to his challenge is that points-and-a-half are awarded in Scotland and double points are awarded in Cyprus, but he is not scheduled to contest either event, which could prove an opportunity to any possible rival for the championship.

Definitely [will] I try to win the championship but I know as well with seven rallies only on my schedule [my chances] will be quite limited because the last two events in Scotland and Cyprus are very important for the points. I hope I can leave Sanremo [which is currently scheduled to be his last rally in the IRC this year] close to the front of the points and that I can get some help from Skoda.” He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment