Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ketomaa gets 2012 campaign

Jari Ketomaa has confirmed he will get a six-round WRC campaign in a Ford Fiesta RS WRC next year.

Ketomaa made his new generation WRC car début on last weekend's Rally Finland. He lead after the first stage, but dropped time on the next stage to get a good road position for Friday's stages. However, he crashed on Friday's fifth stage, but roll cage damage prevented him from continuing.

"It was great to have the chance to drive the Fiesta at home. And it was going very well until I crashed. The car wasn't too bad, but the roll cage was damaged, so we couldn't go on.” he said.

Ketomaa was sufficiently fast to impress his sponsors, despite crashing. He is hoping to get the funds together to contest the Rallye de France later on in the year, to gain some tarmac miles before next year.

"Okay, I crashed, but I also led Rally Finland - after my favourite stage in Lankamaa - and my sponsors are pleased with what I did, which has helped for next season."

"I am working on trying to go to France for another WRC round to get some asphalt experience, but really my big focus is on next year and doing six rallies in a Fiesta.”

No details of his programme for next year have been released, however he is expected to contest the season opener Rally Sweden and his home rally, Finland.

No comments:

Post a Comment