Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More outings possible for Breen

Craig Breen has said he won't discount another IRC outing this year, should more sponsorship be found.

Breen, who lies second in the WRC Academy, made his European tarmac début on the Barum Czech Rally Zlín last weekend. He finished the notoriously difficult event seventh overall, only 4.2 secs behind ex-World Championship regular Toni Gardemeister in sixth.

Even with his result, he knows it will take time before he starts to fight with the IRC regulars, saying: “It’s the financial side of things that are difficult. It would be foolish to get big headed. Okay it’s seventh overall in the IRC but there are still six guys in front of me that I need to beat and that is a long way down the road from happening. It’s only my third year of rallying.”

Breen described his first European tarmac event as a 'surreal' experience, starting behind Toni Gardemiester on some stages, the same Toni Gardemiester that he used to play as on his Playstation back home in Ireland.

It’s crazy. When Toni Gardemeister was driving in the world championship I was playing it on the PlayStation as Toni. When you look at him starting stages in front of you it’s a surreal experience. This is me, I am a young chap from a small place in Ireland and I am competing in the IRC and doing well. I can’t put it into words how much of a good feeling it is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment