Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No Byrnildsen in Germany

S-WRC driver Eyvind Byrnildsen will now not take part in this month's Rallye Deutschland, owing to damage sustained in his Rally Finland crash last month.

I’m very sorry to say that I can’t do the rally. Rallye Deutschland is such a great rally with great fans and super stages that suites me well. But the whole team PS Engineering is working hard to get us back on track in France [the next S-WRC round].”

Brynildsen was due to take part in his Skoda Fabia S2000, but after his crash in Finland, where he hit a bank & rolled at high speed, his car proved to be too badly damaged to be able to take part in the German round of the WRC.

I was just too fast and missed the line - it was a driving mistake,” said Brynildsen. “Before we have had some technical problems and in Finland I was starting to do well until I did the mistake. It was quite a hard impact but we have a lot of protection so it was not too bad.”

Even though he has had a tough season on-board the PS Engineering-run car, Byrnildsen is still optimistic he can make a come-back, even if he is 70 points adrift of series leader Juho Hanninen.

The season so far hasn’t been what we believed it would be before we started. But I really believe we can come back because I do get great help and motivation from my boss Petter Solberg. With the speed we have proved when everything is working I believe we’ll be back. A hard life is only temporary and I hope there will be light at the end of the tunnel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment