Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Friday, August 17, 2012

WRC Academy ace grants young man's dream


WRC Academy regular Fredrik Ahlin has been awarded the latest 'Spirit of the FIA WRC Academy' award after giving a young man the chance to see out his dream.

Ahlin gave Gabriel Seger, who is terminally ill with a muscle disease, the chance to be his co-driver for part of Ahlin's pre-Rally Finland test in his Ford Fiesta R2. The fast and technical test stage in their native Sweden were the perfect place for Gabriel to get his first taste of the hot seat.

Ahlin thanked 'Gabbe' for giving him the chance to show the pace, or nearly the pace, of the WRC Academy. “A smile spread across my face” said Ahlin when Gabriel gave him the go ahead to push harder!

“When I first heard about Gabriel and his rally dream, I didn’t hesitate for a second [to help]. When we were both properly seated with safety belts, I drove a few laps at a relaxed pace. I looked at Gabriel and saw his smile and I asked him if everything was okay, and if I may have gone too fast? Gabriel said that everything was okay and that I could drive faster - much faster! Then a smile spread across my face too and I pressed the pedal to the floor. I have to say a big thank-you to Gabbe as this was something very special for me also.” said Ahlin.

With his amazing piece of sportsmanship and heart shown towards his fellow rally supporter, Fredrik certainly deserves the Award he has been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment