Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kubica happy with rally progress


F1 ace turned rally start Robert Kubica is pleased with his performance in his first year of full-time rallying.

"I've been pleased with my pace, I've won stages and I've been able to fight at the top on all three rallies I have done [in the ERC]. To come to these events for the first time and drive at the same pace as the championship contenders gives me a positive to take away from this.” he said.

The Polish driver has lead all three rallies he has competed in in the ERC, but has only finished one (the Rally Azores, finishing in 6th place after leading for six stages, winning five in a row). He crashed out of the Rally Islas Canarias and suffered fuel pump problems in Corsica.

He also competed in the WRC2 Category on the Rallye de Portugal, running as high as second amongst the established WRC2 runners. He finished in sixth place at the end, after tyre troubles forced him retire. However he rejoined to finish sixth.

Kubica is now focusing on his WRC2 campaign, with the Acropolis Rally up next. The rough , car-breaking gravel encounter will be like nothing he has ever experienced before, the rough gravel will take a careless driver out very quickly. But the Pole will be as well prepared as he can be, completing a test on rough gravel similar to what he'll experience in Greece before he leaves for the rally itself.

"I will have my test and then I will go to Greece on the Monday so there is not a lot of time," he added. I know it's a very specific event and you have to take care of the car. It will be an interesting experience because it's my first time on rough gravel and I know I cannot take big risks because I really want to finish." He added.

No comments:

Post a Comment