Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Raikkonen wins first rally

Kimi Raikkonen has beaten Taddy Blazusiak in a showdown organised by Red Bull.

Raikkonen beat the Pole over the rocky, 13km mountain course by 28 secs. Raikkonen was driving his Citroen C4 WRC, with Blazusiak on his KTM off-road bike. 30,000 people lined the course to watch Raikkonen & Blazusiak fight it out over the run.

Raikkonen said: “It’s the first time that I’ve ever done anything like this and I really enjoyed myself. It was a very close contest and in the end I think our better top speed in the rally car is what helped us. In the slow parts, it was much more evenly matched. I like bikes a lot, so it was great to meet Taddy and chat with him.”

Really, it was all about the fun. It was a privilege for me to compete against Kimi and I hope that we put on a good show. I tried my hardest, but in the end it wasn’t quite enough, so now I just have to congratulate Kimi. And wash his car too!” Blasuziak said.

A part of the deal, the loser had to wash the winners vehicle on the finish podium. Taddy was tasked with the job while the winner, Raikkonen, watched on.

Raikkonen & Seb Ogier are now off to the Rally della Lanterna, a small tarmac rally in Italy which is being used to test for the upcoming tarmac events in the WRC, starting with Bulgaria (9-11 July).

No comments:

Post a Comment