Please note

For best results, view in 'Google Chrome'.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Solberg announces Mills replacement

Chris Patterson has been announced as Petter Solberg's new co-driver.

Patterson was chosen as the new navigator after the shoot-out proved Patterson's potential. The test involved writing and then reading the notes at competitive speed.

Patterson has an unending list of drivers who he has navigated for, such as Kris Meeke, Alistair McRae, Gwyndaf Evans, Niall McShea & Nasser Al-Attiyah. Patterson has also won the Middle East Championship 5 times.

This is only the second time Solberg has been co-driven by someone other than Phil Mills, the first time was on the 1999 Safari Rally with Fred Gallagher, another Irishman.

I am very happy with Chris as my new co-driver, and I am confident that our partnership will be good in the car. We did a really tough test yesterday, and Chris delivered perfectly all the time. He has a long experience as a co-driver, and that was really important to me. I know it will be a challenge in Bulgaria, but we are both more than ready for the rally there and to fight in the lead.”

It’s not going to be easy. It will take some time to settle in with Chris on the first rally, but I’m sure it will be good. Chris has some big shoes to fill.”

Chris was the best for me,” said Solberg. “I knew him from before, but that didn’t make any difference; I decided from what I saw and felt during the day. He’s a good guy, very motivated, honest and calm, he’s what I need. I want him to get into that winning feeling as soon as possible.” said Solberg

Patterson commented: “It feels like a big task to be asked to replace a codriver like Phil Mills, but when the offer came from Petter after the test yesterday, I knew I just had to do it. I’ve been a codriver for 12 years, and hopefully my experience will help me now, as the first rally is coming up in a few days. I so look forward to this job, and is 110% ready for the challenge! ”

No comments:

Post a Comment